This six-day intensive will offer two different programs: one for beginning/intermediate students (ages 12-16) and one for advanced students (ages 17-24). The beginning/intermediate program will focus on conditioning for the body, technique classes in ballet and modern, as well as workshop classes which will explore choreography. The advanced program will offer a stronger focus on the workshop component. Dancers will begin each day with a ballet, modern or Gaga class, followed by a two-hour workshop class which will explore both improvisatory techniques and phrase work. The final day will bring both levels together to demonstrate and discuss with one another what they have learned throughout the week. This intensive offers students a chance to not only strengthen their technique but also uncover new ways of thinking about movement as they begin a new year.
The School at TU Dance Center offers a space that is open to students of all backgrounds and abilities and fosters individuality and creativity through the art form of dance. We hope that you will join us for this exciting week of classes.
Beginning/Intermediate Schedule (Ages 12-16 with 2+ years of formal training)
- Monday, Wednesday and Friday: Conditioning 4:30-5:15pm, Ballet 5:15-6:30pm, Workshop 6:45-7:45pm
- Tuesday and Thursday: Conditioning 4:30-5:15pm, Modern 5:15-6:30pm, Workshop 6:45-7:45pm
- Saturday: Modern 11:00-12:15pm, Workshop 12:30-1:30pm, Sharing + Post-Discussion 1:30-2:30pm
Advanced Schedule (Ages 17-24 with 4+ years of formal training)
- Monday and Friday: Modern 4:30-6:00pm, Workshop 6:15-8:15pm
- Wednesday: Gaga 4:30-6:00pm, Workshop 6:15-8:15pm
- Tuesday and Thursday: Ballet 4:30-6:00pm, Workshop 6:15-8:15pm
- Saturday: Gaga 11:00-12:15pm, Workshop 12:30-1:30pm, Sharing + Post-Discussion 1:30-2:30pm
Cost: $275 (Beginning/Intermediate) and $320 (Advanced). To register, please pay online (see below) and submit this online registration form. The registration deadline is Wednesday, January 9.
Printable schedule Winter Intensice Schedule 2019
For level placement and questions please contact Laurel Keen, Director of the School at TU Dance Center at email@example.com or (612) 440-9028.
(photo by Laura Scher)