This six day intensive will offer two different programs: one to beginning/intermediate students (ages 12-16) and one to intermediate/advanced students (ages 17-23). Both programs will give students the opportunity to experience several styles of dance and discover the differences as well as the elements that connect them. Classes will include: modern, ballet, contemporary ballet, conditioning, stretching, jazz, breaking (a style of street dance) and yoga. The urban art form of breaking will be a focus of this intensive and will encourage students to study the technique with the same investigation and discipline that is applied to studying modern or ballet techniques. A discussion will bring the intensive to a close and allow students to reflect and share their experiences with one another.
The School at TU Dance Center offers a space that is open to students of all backgrounds and abilities and fosters individuality and creativity through the artform of dance. We hope that you will join us for this exciting week of classes.
Beginning/Intermediate Schedule (Ages 12-16)
- Monday, Wednesday, and Friday: Conditioning 4:30-5:00pm, Modern 5:00-6:15pm, Jazz 6:30-7:30pm
- Tuesday and Thursday: Ballet 4:30-6:00pm, Stretching 6:00-6:15pm, Breaking 6:30-7:30pm
- Saturday: Breaking 11:30-1:00pm, Yoga 1:15-2:15pm, Post Discussion 2:15-3:00pm
Intermediate/Advanced Schedule (Ages 17-23)
- Monday, Wednesday and Friday: Modern 4:30-6:00pm, Breaking 6:15-8:15pm
- Tuesday and Thursday: Contemporary Ballet 4:30-6:15pm, Yoga 6:30-7:45pm
- Saturday: Contemporary Ballet Barre 11:00-11:45am, Breaking 11:45-1:00pm, Yoga 1:15-2:15pm, Post Discussion 2:15-3:00pm
Cost: $250 (Beginning/Intermediate) and $315 (Intermediate/Advanced). To register please pay online (see below) and submit this online registration form. Registration deadline by January 4th
Printable schedule winterintensivedailyschedule2017
*Level placement will be assessed during the first technique class on Jan. 9th and changes will be made as necessary.
For questions about the Winter Intensive please contact Laurel Keen, Director of the School at TU Dance Center at firstname.lastname@example.org or 612-605-1925.